Enter “Bill” from vendor (supplier) to be paid later.
This is to record transactions as Accounts Payable (A/P) in QuickBooks. These are for purchased items or supplies, they are to be paid at a later date. Normally, your supplier will give terms at the time of purchase and it will show as terms and payment due date on their invoice.
Go to Vendor Bill in QuickBooks:
From the home page screen
- Click create + sign menu (top middle), it will spin and change to x sign.
- Under Vendors choose Bill.
To enter a Vendor Bill, fill out the bill form:
In QuickBooks, Bill feature is available in Essentials plan and Plus plan. This feature in not available in Simple Start (or Easy Start) plan.
[table id=29 /]
Select “Make Recurring” at the bottom middle of the Vendor Bill
When you’re ready to pay a bill, you can click:
- Make payment from the Vendors (from the home page screen > left navigation bar > vendors > choose vendor > under action column, select make payment.
- Expense Transactions pages (from the home page screen > left navigation bar > transactions > choose payee > under action column, select make payment.
- To pay more than one bill, click Create (+) > vendors > Pay Bills > select bills to paid for payees.
These are expanded Bill (vendor forms) features available in Plus plan.
Item details section is for entering purchases of inventory items bill in QBO Plus plan.
To enable Item details and tracking inventory features in QBO Plus plan
Once you enable those two features in settings, you will be able to set up track-able inventory items in products/services list and then able to enter inventory items Bill with quantity and rate columns.
Location applies to a single location per Vendor Bill field. You cannot select multiple locations. For tracking classes, it is added to column field. You can select multiple classes. Locations and classes tracking fields are for both account details and items sections.
To enable billable features for products and services to customers in QBO plus plan:
This is to add billable, tax and customer columns on Vendor forms > from the home page screen < company gear (upper right corner) > settings > company settings > expenses > bills and expenses