Assuming you already have a recurring Sales Receipt template setup (*) for a customer and that recurring template shows an email address for the customer, you will need to do the following.
From the home page screen:
- left navigation bar
- From the customer center page, select a customer
- Select “Edit” button (upper right corner) or Go to the “Customer Details” tab (default set is Transaction List) and click the “Edit” button
- Go to the “Payment and billing” tab
- Set the “Preferred delivery method” to “Send Later”
This updates the customers delivery method to email and the “Scheduled” recurring sales receipts will automatically run and send emails to customers.
* Creating recurring Sales Receipt Template – from the home page screen > company gear (upper right corner) > lists > recurring transactions > new > transaction type > sales receipt > OK > template name for a customer and fill out the information.
Click on the screenshots below to enlarge them
Major features of QuickBooks Online (QBO) are explained in one single Chart below:
Click on the screenshot below to enlarge it
Dark Blue navigation bar on the left for customer center, vendor center, all transactions including printing checks, run standard reports, setup and print sales tax, and buy apps.
Company Gear – top half of blue screen for settings (preferences), chart of accounts, products and services (item lists), bank reconcile, import and export data, and manage user access.
Middle plus (+1) sign – bottom half of blue screen to enter all transactions from invoicing to billing to journal entry, also bank deposits and bank transfers.
If you are upgrading from old QBO to new QBO, this tutorial video will be very helpful. It provides side by side navigation guide. After watching this video, you will have a basic understanding of where the major features are located in new QuickBooks Online.