There are two ways to create bonus paycheck to your employee in QBO Payroll.
1) Regular Payroll Check
2) Separate Payroll Check
Here are the steps to create a bonus with a regular paycheck:
- On the left panel, click the Employees tab.
- Select an employee you wish to add this pay type.
- Click on the Pencil icon next to pay.
- In Section 3, click on Add additional pay types.
- Select Bonus and click Done.
- Once you run payroll, you’ll see a box where you can enter the bonus amount.
Here are the steps to create the bonus separate from the paycheck:
- On the left pane, click the Employees tab.
- Click the Run Payroll drop-down arrow and select Bonus only.
- Select As gross pay (this will deduct taxes accordingly).
- Enter the pay date.
- Select the name of the employee that will be receiving the bonus check with the checkbox to the left of their name.
- Enter the amount in the Bonus field.
- Click Preview Payroll
- Click Submit Payroll
Tutorial Bonus Paycheck Video:
[table id=39 /]
[table id=37 /]